Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My Visit To Kolkata

I just can't describe my Happiness in Words, if someone ask me What was happiness i would always say My Bestfriend Nonditha Mitra is everything to me,i was so happy about being her bestie :)
Last year ,this girl's wedding gave me a chance to visit Kolkata.
I landed at Kolkata airport on June 21st
Kolkata, the capital of West Bengal is the 3rd largest Indian city.Everything in Kolkata is unique.
The yellow cabs
The traffic policemen in their white shirts and trousers.
The British road names-Park street,Russel Street,Elliot Road...has so much historical significance that everything seems to be a landmark in History , which I read in my school textbooks, comes alive here in this city. :)But time is a constraint.
The monument I visit first is perhaps the most famous one amongst all the others Victoria Memorial Constructed more than a century ago, this massive and beautiful structure dominates the landscape
And then went over New Hooghly bridge connecting Kolkata to Howrah. This city has perhaps all possible forms of transport available –
metro trains, trams, buses, taxi cabs, boats, steamers, auto rickshaws, cycle rickshaws, Even hand-pulled ones
everything is very cheaper in price compared to other parts of India.
The wedding, at Stadel hotel, has a common wall with the Salt Lake stadium
we were welcomed by the giant Bahotas,those called Bells of Luck
as we know,bongsare major foodies! . .
The amount of fish they consume must be more than all states combined I am a vegetarian which makes me a minority in Bengal:) :)And the sweets.Sondesh,roshgullas,gulab jamun,misthi dahi.
I ate more sweets in this wedding than i had ever in my entire life. Thats my Trip to Kolkata :)
Mysore is Waiting to See Me and Nonditha Being together ,eating Golgappas and Wandering around in the Fav hangout place Once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment